Young Brothers transports all forms of wheeled vehicles, including those listed below:
- Modular Homes
- Heavy Construction Equipment
- Farm Vehicles
- Buses & Recreational Vehicles (RVs)
We have the carrying capacity to transport other unique and oversized wheeled vehicles. Please contact us for additional information.
Where Do I Begin?
Start by planning your shipments as soon as possible.
Reservations are REQUIRED to ship your vehicle.
As stated in Tariff 5A, an “Automobile” is defined as:
- Any four-wheeled, rubber tired, self-propelled motor vehicle
- In operable condition designed for transport on public streets and highways
- Does not exceed 7 feet in height at the highest point
- Does not exceed 8 feet in width at the widest point
- Does not exceed 20 feet in length at the longest point
- Does not exceed 6,500 lbs
- Vehicles exceeding any of these measurements or otherwise not fitting any part of the description above will be considered Roll-on/Roll-Off Cargo. See below.
All Other Roll-On/Roll-Off Cargo
Vehicles not fitting the definition above may be shipped through alternative methods and rates, such as a Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) shipment, or as a platform shipment. For information and rates on platform shipments, please visit our “Ship Goods” section.
The definition of Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) Cargo is
“To include but not limited to all types of trailers, construction and farm vehicles, buses, recreational vehicles (RV), cargo vans, trucks or any vehicle over 6,500 pounds.” Vehicles falling under this category will need to provide length, width, height and weight when making a reservation.”
Here are some simple steps to follow when shipping a vehicle with Young Brothers:
- Make a reservation at least two weeks in advance.
- Prepare your vehicle for shipment – some simple rules must be followed to ensure your vehicle is ready for shipment.
- Per Hawaii Revised Statues 286-271, please ensure that your vehicle paperwork is in order. You will be required to show proof of insurance, car registration and identification. If you are not the legal or registered owner of the vehicle, see our documentation requirements here.
- Drop off your vehicle to Young Brothers as indicated when making your reservation. Proper identification is required for all adults entering Young Brothers’ facilities.
- When tendering your vehicle to Young Brothers, you will be required to complete a Bill of Lading. For more information on how to complete a Bill of Lading, please see our sample Bill of Lading and instructions.
- Payment may be made either at time of delivery to Young Brothers or at time of pick up from Young Brothers.
- When picking up your vehicle, please inspect your vehicle PRIOR to leaving the facility.