Cargo Insurance and Filing Claims
Included in your freight charges is a premium for cargo insurance. Young Brothers’ Tariff 5-A is an insured tariff, which means that damages are claimed against your own cargo insurance. YB makes the insurance available to you at a reduced rate. For more information, you may download detailed insurance information.
If damage occurs or your cargo is lost, you may file a claim under your cargo insurance. The claim will be handled through a third party claims adjuster, who has been appointed by the cargo insurer. For more information, you may download instructions for filing a claim and/or download a claim form.
Listed below are some of the key points to remember when you are filing a claim.
- Notify the cargo insurer in writing that you intend to file a claim within 60 days after your cargo was delivered or should have been delivered.
- File a completed claim form, which you can get from this website here or from any Young Brothers’ office.
- Include all of the documents listed on the instruction sheet.
- Include two repair estimates.
- A review of your claim will occur within 4-6 weeks after filing all of your required documents.
New claims should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note in the subject line: “Bill of Lading Number ______” (insert number in blank)
AON Contact information for those who have filed:
Rochelle Weisbarth, YB Cargo Claims Administrator
Phone: 1 (808) 548-4411
Fax: 1 (808) 548-4422
Leslie Barrow, YB Cargo Claims Adjuster
Phone: 1 (808) 235-0504
Fax: 1 (808) 235-0609